East End Street Fest 2015 winner
The 5th Annual East End Street Fest is looking for artists interested in participating in a t-shirt design contest for the EESF. Artists are encouraged to submit a design that reflects the festival and/or the historic district it takes place in. The chosen design will be the featured artwork for the 2016 East End Street Fest and sold as part of our official merchandise. The contest is open to everyone!
- Designs must represent the East End and/or East End Street Fest. Check design guidelines for more details.
- There is no fee to enter a design.
- Artists may submit one (1) design entry.
- By entering your design, if you are selected you are agreeing to let the East End Street Fest reproduce your design and sell it as East End Street Fest Merchandise.
- The East End Street Fest will have ownership rights to the wining image. The East End Street Fest will maintain all rights to reproduce the winning image.
- Entries are due by 5pm on September 16th, 2016
- The selected artist and design will be announced on October 15, 2016.
- The selected artist will receive $200; on-stage recognition on October 15, 2016; and 5 T-shirts for family or friends.
Submit your design here
All entries must be delivered or submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with “East End Street Fest T-Shirt Design Contest Submission” as the subject line. Included in your delivery or body of the email must include the contestant’s full name, address, telephone number. Delivery address:
East End Street Fest T-Shirt Contest
Houston East End Chamber of Commerce
550 Gulfgate Center Mall
Houston, TX 77087
- Contestant must submit entry design in PDF digital format only. File size limit for each image is 5MB.
- Entry must be the contestant’s original creation and shall not be copied or duplicated from previously published material.
- Entry may not have earned a prize in a previous contest or competition. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it and that it does not contain copyright material.
- Submission will close on September 16th, 2016 at 5 p.m. CST. Entries received after the indicated date ad time will not be considered. Failure to follow any of the above rules will result in disqualification of the contestant.
- The design will be judged by the East End Street Fest Committee on artistry, creativity, and originality.
- By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by the East End Street Fest for the promotion of the East End Street Fest 2016.
- Winner must sign a Publicity Release assigning all ownership of the winning design to the East End Street Festival.
- Winner will be contacted by phone and email and will be posted on the East End Street Festival website as well as Facebook, Twitter and Google + pages.
- Winner must provide final design files in any of the following formats:
- .ai – Adobe Illustrator (vector)
- .eps – PostScript File (vector)
- .jpg – JPEG Image (300 dpi)
- .psd – Adobe Photoshop Image (300 dpi)
- Design is for use on either side of the shirt. In addition to the design, the T-shirt will include the following two elements: East End Street Fest and October 15, 2016.
- Design must be suitable for any color T-shirt.
- The “graphics area” for the shirt will be no larger than 15 inches (tall) X 13.5 inches (wide). The final design will either be enlarged or shrunk (while maintaining proportions) when printed to fit the different sizes of T-shirts.
- Entry can be any shape as long as it meets the aforementioned requirements.
The entry is limited to four (4) colors; if black or white is used, then it counts toward the color limit.
- Entry may not be inappropriate, offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized as determined by the East End Street Fest discretion. Use your best judgment.
- Learn about the history of the East End in these websites:
- For more information about guidelines, contest rules and submission, please visit eastendstreetfest.com or call 713-926-3305